Most Washoe County administrative offices will be closed in observance of the Christmas holiday and New Year’s Day. Because both of these holidays fall on a Saturday, they will be observed on Friday, Dec. 24, and Friday, Dec. 31.
The following county offices will be closed:
- Administrative offices at the Washoe County Complex: 1001 E. Ninth Street, Reno, 89512
- All Washoe County Libraries will be closed on Friday, Dec. 24 and Saturday, Dec. 25, and Friday, Dec. 31, and Saturday, Jan. 1. Book drops and online services will remain available. Access library hours and online services at www.washoecountylibrary.us.
- Regional Animal Services Shelter Operations and Office will be closed except for animal redemptions. WCRAS will open to process animal returns only on Sunday, Dec. 26, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. and Sunday Jan. 2, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Reno Justice Court, Sparks Justice Court, Incline Village Justice Court, Incline Constable, and Wadsworth Justice Court
- The Second Judicial District Court
- The Washoe County District Attorney’s Office
- The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office – all administrative offices and front desk (temporarily located at 5190 Spectrum Boulevard)
- Truckee Meadows Fire & Rescue Headquarters and Administrative Offices – 3663 Barron Way
- Washoe County Human Services Agency and all meal distribution locations
The following county offices will be open:
The Office of the County Clerk at the Washoe County Complex will remain open for the issuance of marriage licenses, fictitious firm names and notary bond filings from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on December 24 and 25, and January 1. It will operate under its normal business hours, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., on December 31. Appointments are encouraged for marriage licenses and can be made on their website.