The Great Reno Balloon Race lights up the sky at 5 a.m. but the fun doesn’t have to stop then.
Washoe County, as a proud sponsor of the Great Reno Balloon Race, encourages its visitors and residents alike to experience more of the region after the balloons take off. From food to art to sports and the great outdoors, here are five ideas to kickstart your exploration this weekend.
- University of Nevada Football Game: The Nevada Wolf Pack takes on the Idaho State Bengals in the home opener. Kickoff is at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 11.
- 62nd Annual Camel & Ostrich Races: Virginia City’s bizarre yet wildly entertaining annual International Camel & Ostrich Races return this weekend. This is an even unlike any other and the perfect way to fill the day after the Balloon Race.
- Washoe County Artrail – Crystal Peak Park: Experience and participate in the beauty and the culture of Washoe County by traversing this unique trailhead.
- Reno Paella Cookoff: If you’re a fan of paella this event is a must, be sure to check out the culinary event this weekend.
- Hawkins Amphitheater at Bartley Ranch: Enjoy the scenic beauty and classic symphony orchestra as King Calaway and Dr. Altieri conduct a first-class production at a venue that is a surprising addition to Reno music scene. Event starts at 5 p.m. on Sept. 11.
Events like these are constantly happening in Washoe County; for more information on events in the community, check out VisitRenoTahoe.