July 27, 2023. Reno/Sparks, Nev.– Several back-to-school vaccine events are planned for the coming weeks, starting this Saturday, for parents who need to get children vaccinated before school starts.
The Washoe County Health District is joining several community organizations to offer vaccines that are required by the State of Nevada to attend a public, private or charter school (see list of vaccines here). The bivalent COVID-19 vaccine will also be available.
Saturday, July 29, 2023
- Family Health Festival, Hug High School, 9 a.m.-noon, 3530 Sullivan Lane, Sparks. More info here.
Saturday, Aug. 12, 2023
- 2023 Back to School Expo & Vaccine Event, Washoe County Health District clinic, 1001 E. 9th, Building B, 8 a.m.-noon. Schedule vaccine appointment here.
Saturday, Aug. 19, 2023
- Back to School Vaccine Clinic, Washoe County Health District clinic, 1001 E. 9th, Building B, 8 a.m.-noon. Schedule vaccine appointment here.
There are several other ways to get your children vaccinated. Contact your doctor, or see other community events from Community Health Alliance and other partners here: https://www.chanevada.org/services/back-to-school-vaccinations
- Children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Requirement: Bring your current vaccine records with you – obtain them from your doctor or at NV WebIZ.
- Warm weather is expected, and patients could experience longer-than-normal wait times so it’s recommended patients eat beforehand and be properly hydrated. Staff will be working hard to serve families as quickly as possible
The Washoe County Health District is nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board and has jurisdiction over all public health matters in Reno, Sparks, and Washoe County through the policy-making Washoe County District Board of Health. The District consists of five divisions: Administrative Health Services, Air Quality Management, Community and Clinical Health Services, Environmental Health Services and Epidemiology & Public Health Preparedness. More info can be found here.